Friday, November 13, 2009
The skein on the left (the darker one) had been previously dyed with yellow dock, but I found the color to be a bit drab. (I don't think I did it quite right because I have seen nice yellow dock color before) The skein on the right was white when it went into the dye pot.
The littlest piece of fleece was done as a tester while I was cooking the lichen and it came out supper bright!!! I was kind of expecting it all to be this bright but I guess I need more dye stuff for that to happen. All in all I am happy with the colors.
Note: I mordanted the yarn with Alum and cream of tartar, the fleece is unmordanted.
My camera doesn't do the colors justice....:(